What is a Psychiatrist?
A Psychiatrist specialises in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of:
- Mental, addictive and emotional disorders e.g. schizophrenia
- Mood disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Substance related disorders
- Adjustment disorders.
Psychiatrists are able to understand the biologic, psychological and social components of illness. A Psychiatrist can:
- Order diagnostic laboratory tests
- Prescribe medications
- Evaluate and treat psychological and interpersonal problems
- Intervene with families who are coping with stress, crisis and other problems with living.
M.B., B.S., D.P.M.(Lond.), F.R.A.N.Z.C.P., F.R.C., Psych., F.A.Ch.S.H.M.View Profile
M.B., B.S., F.R.A.N.Z.C.P.View Profile
M.B., B.S., F.R.A.N.Z.C.P., F.A.Ch.A.H.M.View Profile
M.B., B.S., D.P.M.(R.C.P.& S., Lond.), M.R.A.N.Z.C.P., P.I.R.S., F.R.A.N.Z.C.P.View Profile
B.Sc., M.B., B.S., F.R.A.N.Z.C.P.View Profile
M.B., B.S. (N.S.W), F.R.A.N.Z.C.P., A.B.I.M.E., G.E.P.I.View Profile