What is a Psychiatrist?
A Psychiatrist specialises in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of:
- Mental, addictive and emotional disorders e.g. schizophrenia
- Mood disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Substance related disorders
- Adjustment disorders.
Psychiatrists are able to understand the biologic, psychological and social components of illness. A Psychiatrist can:
- Order diagnostic laboratory tests
- Prescribe medications
- Evaluate and treat psychological and interpersonal problems
- Intervene with families who are coping with stress, crisis and other problems with living.
M.B., B.S., D.P.M.(Lond.), F.R.A.N.Z.C.P., F.R.C., Psych., F.A.Ch.S.H.M.View Profile
M.B., B.S., F.R.A.N.Z.C.P.View Profile
M.B., B.S., D.P.M.(R.C.P.& S., Lond.), M.R.A.N.Z.C.P., P.I.R.S., F.R.A.N.Z.C.P.View Profile
M.B., B.S. (N.S.W), F.R.A.N.Z.C.P., A.B.I.M.E., G.E.P.I.View Profile