Areas of Expertise
- Joint Reconstruction
- Upper Limb Injuries – including shoulder injuries and hand injuries.
- Lower Limb Injuries
- Pelvic Fractures
- Joint Replacement
Dr Brett Kuhnemann graduated in medicine from the University of Queensland in 1976 and completed his Orthopaedic training in Brisbane in 1985 followed by a Fellowship in Orthopaedics in England specialising in major joint replacement surgery.
In 1987 he returned to the Gold Coast as Director of Orthopaedics at the Gold Coast Hospital. He was involved in establishing the orthopaedic training program at the Gold Coast Hospital. During this time the Gold Coast Hospital was recognised as a Major Trauma Centre for the Southern areas of Queensland from Logan to Northern New South Wales. He was also involved in general elective orthopaedic surgery as well as ongoing teaching at the Gold Coast Hospital.
From 1990 to 2003 he was a visiting Orthopaedic Specialist at the Gold Coast Hospital as well as establishing a private practice on the Gold Coast.
His current position is a visiting Private Specialist at Allamanda and Pindara Private Hospitals. He is still involved in general orthopaedics as well as specialising in major lower limb joint reconstructive surgery. He is also involved in medicolegal reporting and is a Certified Independent Medical Examiner with the American Board of Independent Medical Examiners.
- Private Orthopaedic Practice
- Visiting Orthopaedic Surgeon, Allamanda Private Hospital, Gold Coast
- Visiting Orthopaedic Surgeon, Pindara Private Hospital, Gold Coast
- Director of Orthopaedics, Gold Coast Hospital, 1987-2000
- Visiting Orthopaedic Surgeon, Gold Coast Hospital, 2000-2003
- Member of the Medicolegal Society of Queensland
- Member of the Queensland Orthopaedic State Committee
- Member of the Orthopaedic Training Committee
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Fellow of the Australian Orthopaedic Association
- Certified Independent Medical Examiner, American Board of Independent Medical Examiners