Areas of Expertise
- Arthritis and Osteoporosis
- Fractures and Dislocations
- Joint Reconstruction and Joint Replacement
- Neck Injuries – whiplash and other injuries.
- Shoulder Injuries
- Sporting Injuries
- Pelvic Injuries and Knee, Foot and Ankle Injuries
- Spinal Injuries – ruptured discs, sciatica, low back pain, and scoliosis.
Dr Bruce Love holds primary degrees in both Medicine and Surgery from the University of Melbourne. He holds a Fellowship in Orthopaedic Surgery with the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
Dr Love has been a practising Orthopaedic Surgeon for over twenty years. He has been consistently involved in research and development in the field of orthopaedics for his entire professional career and continues to this day. Dr Love is an experienced lecturer and has been involved in a wide variety of educational programmes.
Dr Love’s special area of expertise is in joint replacement. He has presented at many international conferences, written, or co written a significant number of scientific papers. He also has a special interest in medicolegal reporting and ongoing orthopaedic education and training. Dr Love is recognised as an objective, unbiased, balanced medicolegal reporter.
- Senior Principal Specialist Orthopaedic Surgeon, St Vincent’s Hospital, Melbourne (Appointed November 1980)
- Senior Associate, University Department of Surgery, St Vincent’s Hospital, Melbourne
- Chairman, Quality Council, St Vincent’s Hospital, Melbourne
- Member, Medical Advisory Committee, Bellbird Private Hospital, Blackburn South, Victoria
- Examiner Part One OSCI, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Part time Lecturer in Biomaterials, Monash University
- Former Chairman, Orthopaedic Unit Audit Committee, St Vincent’s Hospital, Melbourne
- Former Director, Joint Replacement Clinic
- Former Chairman, Orthopaedic Unit, Epworth Hospital Secretary Board of Studies and Supervisor Surgical Training, Erin Street, Richmond
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, University of Melbourne, 1970
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, 1973
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons – Orthopaedic, 1978