Areas of Expertise
- Back Injuries – ruptured discs, sciatica and low back pain.
- Fractures and Dislocations
- Joint Reconstruction and Replacement
- Lower Limb Injuries
- Neck Injuries – whiplash and other injuries.
- Upper Limb Injuries – including shoulder injuries and hand injuries.
Dr David Ness has been practising as a general orthopaedic surgeon in Australia since August 1986, and has considerable experience in the area of independent medical examination and reporting. His practice is now exclusively devoted to this area.
Dr Ness was Director of Orthopaedics at the Nambour General Hospital and the Townsville General Hospital, which in 2001 became The Townsville Hospital. From 2005 to 2018, he had an attachment to The Townsville Hospital as a Senior Visiting Specialist in Orthopaedics. Since 2004, he has held an appointment with the Queensland Office of Industrial Relations (OIR) Medical Assessment Tribunals. In 2018, he was awarded life fellowship of the Australian Orthopaedic Association in recognition of his contribution to orthopaedic specialist training over many years.
Dr Ness is recognised as an objective, unbiased, and balanced medicolegal reporter.
- Director of Orthopaedics, Nambour General Hospital, 1986-1993
- Director of Orthopaedics, Townsville General Hospital, 1993-1996
- Visiting Orthopaedic Surgeon, Mater Private Hospital, Townsville, 1996-2003
- Visiting Orthopaedic Surgeon, Park Haven Private Hospital, Townsville, 1996-2003
- Director of Orthopaedics, Townsville Hospital, 2003-2005
- Senior Visiting Orthopaedic Surgeon, The Townsville Hospital, Townsville, 2005-2018
- Member of OIR Medical Assessment Tribunals, 2004-current
- Member of Australian Orthopaedic Association Medicolegal Group, current
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Fellow of the Australian Orthopaedic Association