Areas of Expertise
- Hip and Knee Injuries
- Foot and Ankle Injuries
- Joint Reconstruction and Replacement
- Shoulder Injuries
- Spinal Injuries – ruptured discs, sciatica, low back pain et cetera
- Neck Injuries – whiplash and other injuries
- Sporting Injuries
Dr Michael South graduated from the University of Queensland in 1983. After completing his specialty training in orthopaedic surgery in Brisbane at the Princess Alexandra Hospital, the Brisbane Mater Hospital and the Greenslopes Hospital, Dr South obtained further surgical experience in England, Germany and the United States of America.
Dr South is an extremely experienced orthopaedic surgeon. He commenced private practice in Rockhampton in 1992 and was also a Visiting Medical Officer at Rockhampton Hospital from 1992 to 2000.
Whilst Dr South has a special interest in the hip, knee and shoulder, he can give an unbiased, objective and balanced medical opinion on all orthopaedic conditions.
- Private Orthopaedic Practice, Rockhampton, 1992 to present
- Co-Director, Orthopaedic Department, Rockhampton Hospital
- Visiting Medical Officer, Rockhampton Hospital
- Orthopaedic Senior Registrar, Heatherwood Hospital, Berkshire, United Kingdom
- Member of the Australian Orthopaedic Association
- Member of the Australian Orthopaedic Association Medico-Legal Society
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- Bachelor of Medical Science (Phsyiology)
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Fellow of the Australian Orthopaedic Association
- Certified Independent Medical Examiner (American Board of Independent Medical Examiners)
- Queensland Workers’ Compensation Scheme Guidelines for Evaluation of Permanent Impairment (GEPI) training, Core, Spine, Upper Limb and Lower Limb