Areas of Expertise
- Lung Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Breast Carcinoma
- Bowel and Colon Cancer
- Cancer Pharmacology
- Palliative Care
Dr Matthew Links has an exceptionally broad range of qualifications, experience and achievements across the range of clinical care, quality improvement, basic and translational research and education in oncology. He has held leadership positions at local to national levels with experience in running a busy oncology department.
Dr Links was a founding member of the Cancer Council NSW Prime Cancer Pharmacogenetics Group. Since 2015, he has focused on building a platform for educational research.
Dr Links has a leadership role within Australia and New Zealand through his role on the Royal Australasian College of Physicians Education Committee, Adult Medicine Council, and as chair for continuing professional development.
Dr Links enjoys bike riding, laser sailing and yoga in his spare time.
- Medical Oncologist Icon Cancer Centre Southport
- Consultant Oncologist, Alice Spring Hospital
- Professor of Medicine at Bond University Gold Coast
- Advanced Training in Medical Oncology, Sydney
- Research Fellow, Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney
- Director, Central Network SESIAHS Clinical Trials Unit, Cancer Care
- Clinic Education, Cancer Institute NSW
- Head of Department (Acting Medical Oncology)
- Conjoint Associate Professor of Medicine at St George Clinical School
- Director of Clinical Training, Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Medical Oncology Group of Australia
- Clinical Oncology Society of Australia
- International Association Study Lung Cancer
- American Association of Medical Educators
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (Medical Oncology)
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Master of Philosophy (Higher Education)