Areas of Expertise
- Alcohol and Drug related problems
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Bipolar Disorders
- Comorbidity – two or more co-existing psychiatric conditions.
- Major Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Veterans’ Mental Health Problems
Dr Donald James Wright has considerable expertise and experience in the assessment and management of mental illness and mental health problems.
Dr Wright’s special interests include Veterans’ Mental Health Problems and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
- Consultant Psychiatrist in Private Practice
- Visiting Medical Officer, Toowong Private Hospital
- Director of Psychiatry, Nambour Hospital
- Staff Specialist and Community Team Leader, Royal Hobart Hospital
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists
- American Board of Independent Medical Examiners (A.B.I.M.E.) 2015
- Queensland Workers’ Compensation Scheme Guidelines for Evaluation of Permanent Impairment (GEPI)