Areas of Expertise
- Arthritis and Osteoporosis
- Fractures and Dislocations
- Joint Reconstruction and Joint Replacement
- Neck Injuries – whiplash and other injuries
- Pelvic and Lower Limb Injuries
- Shoulder Injuries
- Spinal Injuries – ruptured discs, sciatica, low back pain, and scoliosis
- Sporting Injuries
Dr John Morris holds primary degrees in both Medicine and Surgery from the University of Otago, New Zealand. He holds a Fellowship in Orthopaedic Surgery with the Royal College of Surgeons and is a Fellow of the Australian Orthopaedic Association. He completed his orthopaedic training in England.
Dr Morris has been a practicing Orthopaedic Surgeon for over 35 years. He was Director of Orthopaedics at the Princess Alexandra Hospital for seven years. He has extensive spinal injuries experience having consulted and operated on the spinal injury patients at the Princess Alexandra Hospital. He was Chairman of Orthopaedics at the Princess Alexandra Hospital for nine years and was a Medical Examiner for the University of Queensland.
Dr Morris’ special areas of expertise are in spinal injuries, sporting injuries involving the upper and lower limbs, neurological conditions, together with joint replacement surgery of the hips and knees.
Dr Morris has exhibited a genuine and continuing interest in medicolegal assessments and reporting for more than two decades. Dr Morris is recognised as an objective, unbiased, balanced medicolegal reporter.
Dr Morris is a Comcare Trained Specialist and he is also registered as a Trained Specialist with the Victorian, Tasmanian and South Australian WorkCover Boards.
Dr Morris holds an appointment as a Deputy Chairman of the Q-COMP Medical Assessment Tribunal.
- Private Orthopaedic Practice
- Visiting Orthopaedic Surgeon, Mater Private Hospital, South Brisbane
- Past Director of Orthopaedics, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Woolloongabba
- Past Chairman of Orthopaedics, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Woolloongabba
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons
- Fellow of the Australian Orthopaedic Association
- Certified Independent Medical Examiner, American Board of Independent Medical Examiners
- Accredited Assessor of Permanent Impairment, Comcare, WorkCover Queensland, Victoria and Tasmania