What is a Neurosurgeon?
A Neurosurgeon encompasses the surgical and non-surgical treatment of adult and paediatric patients. Diseases and conditions treated include:
- Neck injuries – whiplash and other injuries
- Spinal injuries – ruptured discs, sciatica, stenosis, trauma, low back pain, scoliosis
- Tumours of the spine, spinal cord and peripheral nerves
- Head trauma – brain haemorrhages, skull fractures
- Brain tumours
- Cerebral aneurysms, hemorrhagic stroke
- Neuropathies – carpal tunnel syndrome and ulnar neuropathy
- Traumatic injuries of peripheral nerves
- Malformations of the nervous system.