Areas of Expertise
- Abdominal Trauma
- Breast Tumours – diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer.
- Colorectal Disease – Surgical management and treatment of conditions involving the lower intestinal tract such as colorectal cancer, polyps, known as precancerous growths, ulcerative colitis, crohn’s disease, irritable bowel syndrome, diverticular disease, hemorrhoids, anal fissure and bowel incontinence.
- Urology – specialising in bladder cancer, urological stone disease, prostate disease, and urinary problems.
- Endocrine Surgery – specialising in surgical removal of endocrine glands – most commonly the thyroid gland, the parathyroid glands and the adrenal glands.
- Gastrointestinal Disease – surgical management of conditions involving the oesophagus, stomach, liver, spleen and gall bladder.
- Testicular Disease, Sexual Dysfunction and Hernia
- Multiple Trauma and Burns
- Consultant Colorectal and General Surgeon in Private Practice, Brisbane
- Consultant Colorectal and General Surgeon, Oxford Clinic, Christchurch
- Associate Professor of Surgery, Bond University, Gold Coast
- Professor of Surgery, Shandong University Medical School, China
- Founder of Australian Institute of Medical Education (AIME)
- Founder of New Zealand Institute of Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (London)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Master of Surgery (London)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Fellowship in Dental Surgery, Royal College of Surgeons of England