Areas of Expertise
- Otology – dizziness, hearing loss, mastoiditis, outer, inner and middle ear inflammation and perforated ear drum
- Rhinology – environmental allergies, sinusitis and rhinitis
- Trauma to the face – nasal bone, mandible, orbital and frontal bone fractures, complex lacerations and soft tissue damage
- Voice disorders
Dr Frank Anning holds primary degrees in both Medicine and Surgery from the University of Queensland. He is a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons.
Dr Anning’s special interests in medicine include disorders of the ears, nose and throat, and adjacent structure of the head and neck particularly noise induced hearing loss. His special interests also include sinus surgery and voice disorders.
Dr Anning is a trained Assessor of Permanent Impairment and holds a position on the Q-COMP Medical Assessment Tribunal.
- Visiting Medical Officer:
- St Andrew’s War Memorial Hospital, Spring Hill
- Mater Hospital, Brisbane
- Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital
- Senior Registrar, Professional Unit, Royal National Throat, Nose and Ear Hospital, London
- Visiting Consultant, Royal Children’s Hospital, Herston
- Visiting Consultant, Royal Brisbane Hospital, Herston
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Past State Chairman of the Australian Association of Surgeons
- Australian Society of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
- Queensland Medicolegal Society
- Australian College of Ear, Nose & Throat Physicians
- Australian Medical Association
- Q-COMP Medical Assessment Tribunal