Areas of Expertise
- Reconditioning post illness
- Post surgical rehabilitation
- Spinal injuries
- Neurorehabilitation including stroke, Parkinson’s and Multiple Sclerosis
Dr Jan Paul Rotinen Diaz completed his Bachelor of Medicine in Spain in 2000. In 2005, he completed his Doctor of Medicine specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation, and he worked in Spain until immigrating to Australia in 2013 where he commenced working as the Director of the Rehabilitation Service at the Mater Private Hospital, Redlands. He also currently runs a private practice in South Brisbane.
Dr Rotinen Diaz has extensive expertise in the assessment and management of patients in rehabilitation clinics, including stroke and acquired brain injury rehabilitation and spinal cord injury rehabilitation.
Because of his multicultural background (Finnish and Spanish) Dr Rotinen Diaz is fluent in English, Spanish and Finnish.
When he is not working Dr Rotinen Diaz is kept busy with his four young children, and he enjoys playing tennis. He is also a car enthusiast and wine and food lover.
Dr Rotinen Diaz can give an unbiased, objective and balanced medical opinion on all areas of rehabilitation medicine.
Current Positions and Memberships
- Visiting Medical Officer – Rehabilitation Medicine Specialist at Mater Private Hospital, Brisbane and Mater Private Hospital, Springfield
- Private Practice – Rehabilitation Medicine Specialist
- Director of the Rehabilitation Service at Mater Private Hospital, Redlands
- Medical Advisory Committee Member at Mater Private Hospital, Redlands
- University of Queensland School of Medicine, Senior Lecturer
- Australasian Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine, Advanced Training Programme, Clinical Supervisor
- Member of the Spanish Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Member of the International Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine
- Member of the European Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine
- Bachelor of Medicine
- Doctor of Medicine specialising in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Fellow of the Australasian Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine
- Fellow of the European Board of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine