Areas of Expertise
- Diseases of the Endocrine System
- Cardiac Disease
- Disease of the Gastrointestinal System
- Cardiac Disease
- Respiratory Medicine
- Infectious Diseases
- Diseases of all the Nervous System
- Kidney Disease
Dr Matthew Rickard completed a Bachelor of Engineering in 1991. He then worked as a biomedical engineer at the Alfred Hospital in Melbourne before moving to PK Morgan and later IBM as a general electrical engineer.
Dr Rickard went on to study a Bachelor of Science in 1994. Following the completion of a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery at The University of Queensland in 2000, Dr Rickard held positions at The Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital and Gympie General Hospital before becoming a full time staff Consultant Physician at The Prince Charles Hospital where he dealt with a wide range of medical conditions including cardiology, infectious diseases, endocrinology, oncology and respiratory conditions, palliative care and emergency medicine. Dr Rickard also has experience gained in numerous rural hospital facilities during his time with Queensland health.
Dr Rickard now has a private practice and is a General Medicine Specialist at St Vincent’s Northside Private Hospital and North West Private Hospital. His special interests include perioperative medicine, neurology, non malignant haematology, acute internal medicine, and palliative care.
In his spare time, Dr Rickard enjoys boating and motorcycle riding.
- Internal Medicine Specialist – Private Practice
- Internal Medicine Specialist at St Vincent’s Private Hospital Northside and North West Private Hospital
- Staff Specialist at The Prince Charles Hospital
- Senior Medical Officer at Gympie General Hospital
- Medical Registrar at The Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital
- Bachelor of Science (Anatomy)
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics)
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians