Areas of Expertise
- Amputation Injuries
- Head and Neck Injuries
- Musculoskeletal Trauma
- Pain Management
- Rehabilitation and Future Needs
- Spinal Injuries
Dr Vernon Hill is the former Director of the Spinal Injuries Unit at the Princess Alexandra Hospital, Woolloongabba, Dr Hill has extensive expertise in the assessment and management of all types of spinal, neck and back injuries.
Dr Hill coordinated and led a team specialising in spinal injuries to Malaysia where a Spinal Injuries Unit was established.
Dr Hill was a Team Leader for the Spinal Injuries Unit in Armenia following a devastating earthquake.
Dr Hill has attended and presented papers at conferences, symposiums and meetings both nationally and internationally. He has authored and co-authored numerous scientific publications in leading journals.
Dr Hill has instigated the promotion of a public awareness programme on the dangers of spinal injuries in sport and recreation as well as setting up programmes to assist severely injured patients cope with day to day situations.
Dr Hill is acknowledged as an expert opinion provider in medicolegal matters, with a keen focus on musculoskeletal and spinal injuries.
- Visiting Medical Officer
- Spinal Unit, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Woolloongabba
- Rehabilitation Unit, Townsville General Hospital
- Director of Spinal Unit, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Woolloongabba, 1988–1999
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Fellow of the Australasian Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine